Team Function: Software Development
Reports to: Head of Operations
Basic Salary Range: €47k-59k depending on experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
Location: Fully Remote - Croatia based
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced and confident Full Stack Developer to architect, develop, test, and maintain web applications using React, Node.js (GraphQL), and MongoDB in a microservice architecture. You'll be in charge of all things technology-based, working closely with the CEO to define project requirements, milestones, tasks and deliverables. You'll coordinate with other departments to ensure effective operational and secure services while assisting with technically-related matters, so the ability to be resourceful and work autonomously is a must --- you know your stuff!
With your expertise, you'll handle server infrastructure maintenance and be expected to troubleshoot current systems while exploring upgrades to ensure that our technology is up to date -- so taking the initiative is vital to being successful in this role. This role is a balance of backend, frontend and server administration, so you'll be able to utilise your full range of skills for exciting and new challenges!
This is an amazing opportunity for innovation and to really shape our technological strategy at The Chat Shop, so if you're confident in your abilities and looking for a rewarding position in technology, then we want to hear from you!
- You have 5+ years of experience in a relevant software development role
- You have a passion for software development – enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
- You're resourceful and confident with your approaches and solutions.
- You're not afraid to take initiative and drive projects.
- You're calm, focused and resilient.
- You can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- You must reside in Croatia and be able to provide identification.
Our tech stack:
- Typescript (React.js, Node.js)
- NoSQL (MongoDB , CouchDB)
- Automated provisioning tools (Kubernetes)
- CMS (Webflow, Wordpress)
- Version Control (GitHub)
- CI/CD (GitHub Actions, CircleCi)
- Linux / Mac OS - command line.
- Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
Our ideal skills profile
- You're proficient in ReactJS, Typescript, HTML/CSS, NoSQL.
- Experience developing Rest/GraphQL APIs utilising Docker and microservices with NodeJS
- Experience with SPA concepts, building & testing across browsers and devices.
- Experience working with distributed systems in cloud native environments (GCP Kubernetes, AWS, Azure).
- Thorough understanding of React, Typescript, Babel/Webpack or equivalents and building single page web applications.
- Thorough understanding of Typescript, GraphQL, NodeJS and 3rd party API integrations.
- Automated testing (unit testing, behavioral testing) and CI/CD.
- Familiar with version control systems (GIT preferred) and NPM ecosystem.
Skills that are good to have (a plus if you have them!):
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP, AWS or Azure Cloud platform.
What We Can Offer
The Chat Shop prides itself on diversity, inclusion and employee wellbeing -- especially as a fully-remote business. We've shared above what we're looking for, but here's what we can offer you:
- Employee Assistance Programme -- offers employee wellbeing support on a variety of well-being concerns, including a 24/7 confidential helpline.
- All of the perks of working from home -- no more long commutes or sitting in traffic!
- A real opportunity to make a difference in our fast-paced SME environment with a friendly and supportive team.