The Chat Shop - A Little About Us.
Our expertise is built on years of experience. We’ve been at the forefront of the chat industry since 2012, during this time we’ve completed over 3 million chats across 20+ industries, including major global firms.
What sets us apart? Over the years we’ve constantly evolved our offering, helping our clients to drive ROI by developing innovative new solutions. From billion-dollar PLCs to fast growth start-ups, we’ve supported the rapid growth of some of the biggest and best brands worldwide.
Still today, our fully-remote team from the UK and US come together to provide exceptional, high-quality service and solutions that can't be beaten, and we have the ratings to back that up. As a company, we can offer you the ability to work from the comfort of your own home, a workplace culture that prides itself on diversity, inclusion and employee wellness, and a place for you to really shine.
Are you ready to take it to the next level?
We're looking for a skilled, resourceful, and resilient live chat agent to provide top-notch service to some of our clients. Lead generation, driving to sales and customer service are all important parts of this role, so if you have a confident and outgoing demeanor with a passion for exceptional service, then you'll thrive with us!
Our ideal candidate is able to stay calm and focused in high-pressure situations. You will interact directly with customers to answer questions, solve problems, generate sales and leads, and maintain our company's and client's reputation for high-quality service. So, you must be resourceful, confident and take initiative!
You’ll be handling multiple concurrent chats while maintaining an average response time of 40 seconds.
You may view the full job description here.
*Please note that The Chat Shop is NOT a recruitment agency. Learn about what services we offer and if we’re a good fit for you at www.thechatshop.com.
**Please note that this role is remote, home-based - US, and we can only consider applications from our hireable states: Georgia, Texas, Florida or Tennessee.
- You are fluent or Native English Speaking - able to speak English at an idiomatic level with outstanding sentence structure, spelling and grammar.
- You can type at least 65 words per minute, with above 97% accuracy.
- You have previous experience in customer service, sales and/or lead generation.
- You have previous experience in working towards KPIs.
- You are open to constructive feedback and are able to take action.
- You are timely and responsive.
- You are able to multi-task and keep everything organised.
- You are resourceful, reliable and adaptable.
- You are calm and professional under pressure.
- You are open to direct, constructive feedback and are able to take action. You don't take feedback personally!
- You adopt our company values and can adapt to change easily.
- You are based in the US and can demonstrate your residency in one of our hireable states: Georgia, Texas, Florida or Tennessee.
- You are a team player - flexibility, adaptability and a desire to succeed are a must!
Check out our Applications Tips page (https://jointhefamily.thechatshop.com/pages/job-application-do-s-and-don-ts) Our recruitment team has given their very best tips on what they’re looking for in your application!
Double-check that your resume/CV is up to date and in tip-top shape for review! Please do not upload it as a .doc file, as we won't be able to open it!
Before submitting your application, use this speed typing test (https://www.livechat.com/typing-speed-test/) - if you’re not able to meet 65 words per minute, keep practising.
Team Function: Live Chat Team
Reports to: Chat Team Manager/Operations Manager/Head of Operations
Remuneration: $10.65 per hour
Hours of Work: We are a 24/7 operation and are looking for flexible candidates across various different shift patterns. A commitment of 20 - 40 scheduled hours a week (including weekends)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Homeworking (US Based - Georgia, Texas, Florida, Tennessee)
Please note we are a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) company.